Saying Mobdro is popular right now would be kind of an oversimplification. Various websites have even deemed it to be the “New Kodi”. And someone even went as far as to say Mobdro may even be the “Kodi Killer”. That is indeed a far-fetched statement. But don’t worry, we are going to weigh the facts about both the apps in this Kodi vs Mobdro Post and see where it goes.
Kodi has been around one and a half decade, which is much longer than Mobdro. So you can say that the former had a more time to improve and the latter didn’t. But considering the time difference between the two, you have to hand it to Mobdro that it has come so far in such little time.
Well, keep on reading if you want to know about the pros and cons of the two apps. Both of them have their advantages and shortcomings in the following section.
Kodi vs Mobdro – Comparision
Mobdro is a live media streaming app for the Android platform. We weren’t so sure about the app and the hype around it at first, but now that we’ve used it, it is indeed a great app. It is a lot easier to use than Kodi and also plays pretty decent Streams for free. On the other hand, it is greatly outpaced by Kodi and is still a bit buggy. And after all, it is only available for the Android platform.
If you want to install the app on any other platform, you can do it but you have to jump through a few hoops first. Here’s a brief comparison of the two apps.
Head On Comparison
- Mobdro has a really simple interface which is far easy to use than that of Kodi’s.
- Kodi is totally free and doesn’t have ads. Whereas Mobdro is a freemium app and you have to go premium to remove the ads.
- Kodi is natively available for most of the systems but the only platform that you can use Mobdro on is Android. But you can use it using special methods on other platforms.
- Mobdro is a live media streamer meaning that it can only play online streams. However, Kodi is a media player and you can play media files as well as online media.
- Right off the bat, Mobdro is one of the few good apps outside of the Play Store. Its simple menu and the categories are simply some of the best of its features. It is a child’s play figuring out how to use the app.
- The menu is intuitive and makes it easy to navigate inside the app. All you have to do is tap into the categories and scroll up and down to find the channels. You can easily find lots of content to stream.
- The app nails it when it comes to content. You can watch Movies, Shows, Sports, Gaming Streams, Spiritual Videos, and whatnot. It also gives you access to some of the most popular channels as well.
- It is not available on any other platform besides Android.
- Mobdro is also not available in the Play Store so you have to sideload it from a third-party source.
- Ads are one of the most annoying things ever. The app has ads and you have to upgrade to premium in order to root out the ads.
While some of the shortcomings of the Mobdro App are actually shadowed by Kodi, the latter also has its own. Kodi doesn’t have ads, is available in the Play Store and every other platform too. But it requires you much more time for you to get a proper grip on it. Besides, you need to install Add-ons in order to watch media from online sources.
So, this does it for the comparison part and we can’t really say which app is better from the two. The result of Kodi vs Mobdro can’t be decided by a single person because different users have opinions or their own. So it is up to you to decide which one you wanna go for. If you need any help with it, we are here to help at MobdroGuide.